TSCM or Technical Surveillance Counter Measures originated in the USA and describes the process of bug detection through sweeping and counter-surveillance. If you care about the information you hold then it is of vital importance that your office, home, communication channels and movements are not being monitored as this may lead to a detrimental insight into your private and or business affairs.
There are steps that you can take if you believe that your privacy has been compromised. TSCM survey’s are a carried out by qualified individuals, and it will provide a professional evaluation of your residence or location, consisting of a thorough visual, electronic, and physical examination. Bugging devices can take all shapes and sizes,to suit the situation they are being used in. They are designed to blend into their environment, or be small enough to be hidden from sight.
Typically sweeps are carried out in corporate offices on a regular basis in areas where confidential business intelligence is discussed. Residential building and vehicles can also be kept secure by regular sweeps.
Tell tale signs of you being monitored :
- Your competitors know your business?
- Others know what you are about to do before you announce it?
- Is information clearly being leaked?
- Has your telephone dial tone changed in sound recently?
- Noticed that furniture or desk items not in quite the right place?
- Have the settings changed on your laptop or desktop computer?
- Files missing? Photocopier been used?
- Door locks become stiff or difficult to operate?
- Unexplained events? callers and visitors to your office or home?
If the answer to any of the above is yes then you may well be the victim of a bugging operation that will seriously damage your competitive edge or reveal your inner most confidential business plans.